Monday, September 10, 2007

"Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8"

"Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8": The Onion publishes Pitchfork's review of music. Pretty hilarious. My favorite quote:
"Music used to be great, but let's be honest, it's a 6.8 now at best," said
Los Angeles resident Lowell Radler, 23, who admitted that he just looked at the
rating rather than reading the whole review. "I seriously might never listen to
music again."

That said, I think Pitchfork is a very useful site as an aggregator of music news, and as one of many sites from which to get the latest reviews. I always rely on multiple sites for reviews
rather than trusting the word of a single reviewer anyhow, so Pitchfork reviews
are usually irrelevant for me. (Though I still haven't forgiven their middling
review of The National's Alligator).

1 comment:

The Family said...

Hey CSmith, do you have the new Josh Ritter album? If so I'm curious what you think about it...